Investing in your future
The careers education and guidance programme at Outwood Academy Foxhills seeks to positively support you to acquire the educational, social and employability skills necessary for lifelong success in a diverse and changing world of work.
We are currently working with CareersInc, a support service for young people that provides advice, guidance, support and personal development services for all 13-19 year olds. CareersInc are an external, independent and impartial careers guidance service who support you to aim high in your career goals and aspirations.
As a student at Outwood Academy Foxhills you are entitled to a careers education and guidance programme which:
- is personal to you and always puts your interests first
- motivates and inspires you to consider all opportunities both within and outside Outwood Academy Foxhills
- helps you to gain the skills you need to make your career ambitions a reality
- provides the support you need to be successful
- helps you access any additional support you might need
- is delivered by trained and qualified teachers and advisers, with up-to-date knowledge and understanding of career pathways and local labour market information
- protects and respects your personal information and shares it only with your consent
We will support your career development in a number of ways including:
- information and discussion in lessons and assemblies to help you make decisions about your future
- activities and events such as careers fairs
- careers information and IT based careers programmes
- information and updates on notice boards, plasma screens and websites